"Labour-saving machinery only creates endless and worse labour."
(J. R. R. Tolkien in a letter to his son Christopher, 1944)
I'm keeping the design of this website simple, because:
- Minimalist websites load blazingly fast, even with slow connections and on older devices.
- Minimalist websites are easy to use – the default styles are already familiar.
- Minimalist websites are accessible – assistive software (screen readers) handle them well.
- Minimalist websites are easy to maintain – fewer software components need to be updated.
- Minimalist websites are more secure – static content doesn't contain vulnerabilities itself.
- Minimalist websites protect the environment – less energy is needed to render pages.
- Minimalist websites are future-proof – less code is easier to migrate to future technology.
Last but not least, it is my hope that keeping the design minimal will allow me to focus more on creating actually interesting content.
All pages are valid HTML and CSS according to the W3C Validator.
If you run into any technical/accessbility issues on this website, please let me know how I can improve it.
Copyright © 2021 by Thomas Heller [ˈtoːmas ˈhɛlɐ]