"Ti-Mi Mi Mi-Ti!" ("Good day or good night!" in Solresol)
You'll find the following contents here:
- Online Dictionary – an interactive Solresol dictionary:
- Grammar – a little overview of Solresol's grammar
- Solfege Reference
- Sample Songs – two songs demonstrating what Solresol may sound like
Solresol is probably the first musical language that has been publicly documented, and these pages are intented to help preserving this historically important language.
François Sudre inspired several other creations of musical languages, and the idea has even made its way into contemporary pop culture: A musical language, albeit a fictional one unrelated to Solresol, has for example been depicted in the episode "The Void" from the sci-fi TV series "Star Trek: Voyager" (season 7, episode 14) in 2001.
If you're interested in learning and using Solresol, you might want to check out the following resources as well:
- Official examples being translated on the sidosi.org wiki
- SoleSol Teacher – an interactive learning game by Itamar
Copyright © 2021 by Thomas Heller [ˈtoːmas ˈhɛlɐ]